Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chris 10/24/07

Oops I accidentally sent a blank one. Seems everyone is worried if we don't update often, which makes me humbled my the amount of support we received. Last night Mikayla was so tired I think she finally got a little sleep. She wet the bed twice because she couldn't get to the commode fast enough. The other thing in the night is her heart rate stayed low (50's) which she was doing before the surgery. However it can also be a sign of complications, her rest of her neurologic exam has been unchanged, if it does she will need another CT scan. I believe it is probably her normal and should not indicate anything bad. We are waiting for a room on another floor. They need the space in the PICU and obviously need it all over the hospital.
She will probably be able to go soon, if she drinks more should could get her last IV out , we will wait and see. Her big sister is excited about coming tonight. Grace has been and awesome big sister. Of course she doesn't realize all of her favorite cd and dvd are with us here -- don't tell her. Elsie don't be concerned about naming it malignant, I said it was a type of cancer (and still believe it so just slow growing), it was the oncologist who avoided the term cancer. I also meant to use the word metastisis when talking about spreading, so don't worry. If any one wants a name for it use low grade (slow growing) brain tumor (or you can sound very distinguished and say low grade astrocytoma with no metastasis. Every time I walk in and out of the icu I reminded of two things. First anyone can be affected by such a condition or other tragedy, (such as one of the girls from the Amish van wreckage a few doors down -- don't tell Hippa) and second I am so glag we have a strong support system and millions of prayers around the world (from what I am told). The only other thing I think about is going up to a "short coat" (medical student) and telling them maybe they should consider dental school. All for now, I am sure we will send a message later. Chris

9 comments:

Ron said...

Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to update us.
Praying for you all.
Ron Sloan

Mike and Nancy said...

Chris and Sasha,
We continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. You are both such wonderful parents! I know that you are blessed to have such a beautiful child as Mikayla, but Mikayla is blessed as well! I enjoyed being with you on Monday, although I wish it had been under different circumstances. It is always great fun to tease Marcia, isn't it?! :):)
Love you,
Aunt Nanny and Uncle Mike

Blackman's said...

Thanks for your updates. Greetings to Mikayla from Macy. I hope you feel safe. My mom, dad, sister and I are praying for you and thinking of you.
Love,
Macy

Unknown said...

Chris & Sasha:

I really appreciate the updates - while this takes your time away from Mikayla and your family - it's such a wonderful way for the rest of us to continue to stay apprised of the current situation. You and yours are continually thought of and prayed for daily.
Rose Russell

Mary Bear said...

Sasha, Chris, Grace, Mikayla, Jacob,

Jenny, Ed, Ryan, and Cason and Mandy, Brandon, Jayce, Alex, and Daniel as well as Grandma Mary Bear are all thinking about you and praying very hard for Mikayla. We are also thinking of all of you. I read that Grace has been a good big sister. That is wonderful to hear.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the blog. It is so good to know what is going on.

Love,

Mary Bear, The Kings, and The Bohannons

weewoo said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Thansk for the blog. You are all still in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if we can get your house ready for you to come home, clean, food, lawn care, etc... we are happy to help.
I would be happy to run the kids around, or sit, let me know.
Braden

Carmicheal Family said...

Hello Fraziers!
Glad to hear of the healing which has occurred thus far, and know that God, the great physician, will continue to provide the necessary healing for Mikayla. We also pray for continued strength for you and the medical team caring for Mikayla. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings, and witnessing to the rest of us. God will use this to his glory!
The Carmicheal Family

Janet said...

Just a quick note to say I am praying for your daughter. This really hits home as I have a 5 year old granddaughter.

Janet Clawson
(Amy Badsky is my daughter)

Amy said...

Dr Frazier
I want you to know I am praying for your family and God's hand will be continuing on Mikayla daily. We all miss you back home and at work, all is going well so don't worry about any of that. Tell Mikayla I miss her beautiful smile and big hugs and I want one when I see her again. Take Care and thanks for the blog updates. Amy Badskey